ACE: aceconnect Technology Training powered by Element K
Reviewed by Timothy Palla
Computers have become a vital part of our lives. Virtually every business, school, and home have found them to be the most economical and useful means of record keeping and communication. It seems most everyone is accessing the Internet, storing information and exchanging ideas through PCs more than ever before.
For this reason Accelerated Christian Education has recently released aceconnect Technology Training as a part of their individualized curriculum. Integrating state-of-the-art computer education with the effectiveness of A.C.E.‘s self-paced style and Scripture verses on the Welcome page, A.C.E. has positively outdone themselves.
This computer training is like Driver’s Ed.—students learn it because they want the knowledge and know they’ll use it. A parent would have no problems motivating their child to take this course. A.C.E.‘s curriculum is designed to be exciting for students as they gain valuable and marketable life skills.
Of the numerous benefits to this course, here are a few to whet your appetite.
- Computer courses are no longer viewed as “electives,” but rather “core” curriculum. No matter where your children go in life, they will need some kind of computer technology skills. The aceconnect program generously offers detailed instruction of practical worth—not a general “overview.”
- The proper foundation is built first. From the very start a student will learn the most fundamental skills and then progress to the more advanced.
- It is interactive-rich media instruction. Unlike video school curriculum, this program is hands-on learning. A student listens to instruction, reads questions, observes simulations, applies their knowledge, completes tests, and obtains their results throughout each facet of the course.
- The aceconnect Technology Training incorporates Christian character traits into the program. Each day the learner will login to the website where they will be challenged to model Godly character. A verse of Scripture will remind them of the purpose and source of all knowledge and that in all things the Lord must have preeminence and receive glory.
- Students will develop word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint skills. They will learn about graphics and desktop publishing. They will create a Web page, design maps, flowcharts, forms, reports, and more. Professional information management will be acquired as the learner organizes calendars, coordinates messages, and manages tasks.
- Progress reports and tests are a part of the learning process. Students receive a thorough evaluation as they complete each session.
- A.C.E. offers full technology support to their users.
Through this one-year, online computer course, aceconnect Technology Training offers the most current and comprehensive eCurriculum on the market today. This is an innovative, practical, and highly recommended product for homeschool parents and students alike. I’m convinced that users will be amazed at the results.
At a glance:
|ACE: aceconnect Technology Training powered by Element K|
|Reviewed by Timothy Palla|
|Publisher:||Accelerated Christian Education|
|$65.95 (one-year subscription)|